Postdoctoral fellow at McGill University, working on money, sex & work on the platform economy
PhD in Communication/MA in Media Studies. Concordia University
Research interests: platforms, labor, money, pornography, gentrification, financial discrimination, domesticity, sex devices, affect, social reproduction, art-based research.
- Interview on Neural.it
- April 29: Digital Economies | Digital Intimacies, at NCAD - Dublin
- April 15-16: Libidinal economies of contemporary capitalism workshop at Finance and Society Network
- April 6: On-Demand Intimacy: The Cost and Value of Intimate Exchanges on Chaturbate and OnlyFans at Uncommon Economies: Successes, failures, and the circulation of values - CITO Brown Bag Series-video
- Feb 10: Engaging with Online Sex Work//video here
- AoIR2020 > Sex Machine's playlist > tokens
- ISEA2020 > Queering Infrastructure
- A collaboration with artist Lotte de Jong in her project 'Tokens'
- MoneyLab#7 [video]
- “There’s something compelling about real life”: Technologies of security and acceleration on Chaturbate-Social Media + Society,
- “How I stopped worrying and started loving the Network”. Chapter for Envisioning networked urban mobilities: art, creativity, performance, book edited by A. A. Kjærulff, K. Hannam, S. Kesselring, & P. F. Peters. New York, NY: Routledge. 10pgs. 2018.
- “A Moldy Jar”. Contribution 365 Days of Invisible Work, book edited by for Werker Collective, Blesa, M. R., Choi, B., Delfos, R., van der Heide, Y., & Spectormag GbR. 2017 .
- “The Moldy Strategy”. Imaginations Journal of Cross-Cultural Image Studies/Revue d Études Interculturelle de l Image, 8(2). 2017
nice to see you here
I work there